Saturday, February 11, 2012

Project Life: Week 5

Sunday:

One of my New Year's goals was to improve my photography skills. We bought a digital slr shortly after M was born, and I am slightly embarrassed to admit that it has stayed on auto for the last two years. So, I signed up for a one-day photography course through Groupon and took a hundred different photos of my water bottle.


My photography skills have not improved. In fact, I have probably gotten worse as I try to use my new knowledge and get better pictures of the kids. Auto can be your friend when you are trying to capture the split seconds that truly exemplify the mood you are trying to document.


Monday:

Our washing machine broke on the weekend, so Maeve got to wear some of her "good" outfits during the week while we were waiting to get it fixed. She looked so cute in her button dress and her dirty face, but she didn't want me to take her picture. 


Tuesday:

Our niece came from Halifax bearing gifts from my cousins. [Note the horrible lighting: did I not learn anything on Sunday?!]


Wednesday:


Uncle Dan to the rescue!  BB watched a you-tube video explaining how to replace the coupler between the motor and the transmission and he and Dan replaced it with a $30 part. Not bad for an hour of work and a case of beer!



Thursday:

M "reading" to P.



Friday:


We like to meet up at Stella's for dinner on Friday. Maeve's daycare is just down the street, so it is a convenient place to meet. Clearly P was hungry as he munched on BB's hand.



Saturday:

We had some gorgeous weather this week. Certainly not the "Winterpeg" that our niece was expecting. 



[Note: the tulips are NOT real. They were an attempt by one of my besties to salvage some flowers that bit the dust while we were away last summer. They make me smile, so we kept them on the deck for the winter to brighten up the snowy landscape.]

1 comment:

  1. I am humbled that the tulips made the PL album! Love the frosty snow on them!

    You'll get there with your photography skills. Just keep shooting!

    ReplyDelete